Okay, so I was making my links page, and I decided to do a Youtube page as well. So, here goes:
- Don’t Worry, I’m Yours: This is nicely done. Really beautiful mix of ‘Don’t Worry, Be Happy’ by Bobby McFerrin, ‘I’m Yours’ by Jason Mraz, and a third song by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole (I’m not sure what song. Maybe his cover of ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’?). At any rate, it’s gorgeous.
- Jon Schmidt – Love Story Meets Viva La Vida: Beautiful piano arrangements of ‘Love Story’ and ‘Viva La Vida’. OMG. Absolutely breathtaking. I don’t even like ‘Love Story’ by Taylor Swift, but I love this. I really do. The part where he mixes them together could use a little work, but that’s my only problem with this. He really makes it his own, but you still hear the original songs in there.
- Fall Out Boy – What’s This? (Nightmare Before Christmas cover): I love this! I would almost argue that this song is better than the original. The only problem I have with this is that when he says a question, it doesn’t sound like a question. There’s no emotion in his voice. Now, admittedly, he’s singing it, and not for the movie. But, still. The questions should still be quesitons, you know?
- MIKA and Boyzone – Gave It All Away: I love MIKA. I think this I should make clear. I love him. I think he’s fantastic. This song is just so…heartbreaking, and beautiful, and MIKA is great in it. I’m not sure which I like better – this or the original (without MIKA).
- Queen feat. the Muppets – Bohemian Rhapsody: The Muppets make me so happy. They do. Really. I’m kind of a Muppets freak. So, I love this. I think it’s adorable, and sweet, and funny. It makes me laugh.
- Paul Simon – You Can Call Me Al: So, I actually have kind of a weird story for this song, but I’m not going to tell it here. Too long. So, I love this song. I think its amazing, and catchy and fun. If there were ever a song that made me want to get up and dance, this is it. As for the video? I love that, too. I think Chevy Chase does a great job. (Poor Paul Simon…lol) I’m not a fan of lip syncing, but here, it’s just funny.
- Be Your Own Pet – The Kelly Affair: I think they rock. Both literally and figuratively. The music video might be a little weird, but I love this song. (Heck, I love all these songs.) I think this song is the shizz, and they are some BAMFs. Yup. They are so Biologically Altered Meat-like Foods. LOL j/k.
- Laura Marling – Alas, I Cannot Swim: The song is really pretty, but probably the best part is the animation that musicANDmuffins provided. The animation is adorable. Really. Another one that I like of hers is ‘Nicest Thing‘ by Kate Nash. That one’s cute, too.
- The Trons: My brother showed this to me. It’s stunning. It’s robots that have formed a band. When you think about the time and effort that someone put into this, it’s just mindblowing. Not only did they have to write the music (presumably, at least), but they also had to program the robots to play it. Not to mention, they had to build the robots. It’s just…wow.
- Lucylou21 – Luff Song: This is adorable. It makes me laugh. It’s so cute, how can you not?
- Finger Eleven – Paralyzer: I used to be addicted to this song. That’s why it’s on my favorites. I’m not nearly as addicted to it as I used to be. It’s a good song, but, I’m not as crazy about it as I once was. And truthfully, the video is kind of strange.
- The Animaniacs – Dot the Macadamia Nut: So, I mentioned that I’m a Muppets freak, right? Well, I like the Animaniacs, too. 😀 This is one of their best videos/songs. It just makes me laugh. It’s a great parody of the original song.
- The Muppets – Danny Boy: ROFL! I don’t laugh out loud very often (mostly, it’s just LOL-ing in my head), but this made me crack up. Animal was probably my favorite. 😀
I have more youtube favorites, but I figured that I would just do my music selection today. Later, I’ll do more. 😀 Enjoy!